Self esteem means how much you value yourself and how important you think you are. Good self esteem helps you feel good about yourself and gives you the courage to try new things and the power to believe in yourself.
If you are...
- struggling with friendships
- unhappy with the way you look
- struggling with school work
- feeling that you are not good enough to achieve
why not try some of the following:-
Make a list of your strengths
Remember all the things you have already achieved
Do something you ARE good at
Try something new
- Celebrate successes no matter how big or how small
- Give yourself at least 3 compliments every day
- Receive and accept compliments from others
- Remember that your body is your own. Remind yourself of the parts of it you like.
The Wellbeing Team can support you further. Please come to the lunch time drop in and speak with one of us. A member of the team will be happy to listen to how you feel.